Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status can be done within the United States by a qualifying individual who already has a Visa to enter the country.  The Adjustment of Status may only be done through a family member or employer who files a petition on their behalf.  Individuals who are refugees or obtained asylum, or through a special provision can also file and adjustment of status to become permanent residents of the United States.


USCIS Adjustment of Status link:

USCIS Ajuste de Estatus en Español:


I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status:

I-485, Solicitud de Registro de Residencia Permanente o Ajuste de Estatus:

About Us

The organization was founded in 1974 at U.C. Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco by a group of Chicano Law Students, including Porterville's Roberto and Teresa de la Rosa. Learn More